A Message from Betty DeNardo
Teacher Certification updates:
- If you have a “time-limited” certificate that will expire this school year, contact Betty to learn certification requirements for your next level:
- Assistants need 9 or 18 college credits & one year of full-time certified assistant experience, application & fee (in most cases).
- Teachers need master’s degree, mentoring, three years full-time certified teaching experience, application & fee (in most cases).
- Pupil personnel staff (PPS) need three years full-time certified PPS experience, application & fee (social workers need MSW & LCSW/LMSW, school counselors need 60 graduate credits in counseling).
- School building leaders need mentoring, three years full-time certified building leader experience, application & fee (in most cases).
- Professional development: If you have a Level III, or professional certificate, NYSED requires 100 hours of professional development every five years (this started the 1st day of the month of your current certificate). http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/resteachers/ctle.html
- TEACH account: Please keep your account name, address, & email current. If you do not remember your TEACH username or password, phone TEACH Help 518/486-6041 or see http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/report.html
- If you have questions about your certificate status or next level, please phone Betty, VOIP 7002215 or 739-3581x2215 (ask for teacher certification).